Saturday, August 28, 2010

Freelancer

F is for freelancer

My freelance work was described in the previous "editor" post. So...

F is also for Featherweight sewing machines!

For my 40th birthday, I bought myself a Featherweight. After all, I can't call myself a quilter unless I have one, right? By pure coincidence, it was made in the year of my birth. So I celebrated its birthday by making a "cozy" for its carrying case. The case was in perfect condition, and I wanted it to stay that way!


Fast forward to this year, when I perfected (i.e., simplified) the design. I made it two sided, with bright fabrics on one side and pastels on the other. Then, I wrote a pattern for it.

The cozy shown at left has Prairie Point embellishments and patch piecing.

The other side (not shown here, but you can see it in the pattern) has hand-dyed silk ribbon embellishments and strip piecing.


Want to make a cozy for your little sewing machine? You can! The pattern is in the October/November 2010 issue of Quilter's Home Magazine. 

And, my cozy is on the cover!!!! A first for me, to have something I've made be front and center!!! Needless to say, I'm just a little proud. Not boastful, just proud.

P.S. The red Featherweight isn't mine. Darn the bad luck!




The cozy, it's zany!

No comments:

Post a Comment